Sunday 16 April 2023

Eurovision 2023: The First Impression: Iceland

 

First Thoughts:

All good things are ending at one point. It was a matter of time for Iceland's amazing streak of good entries to finish.

I personally like 'Power' and in a weak Semi - Final like this one, it should not be written off yet.



However, I do recognise its flaws with the most obvious one being that this a 20-25 second entry in replay.

And Iceland does not have many allies in this Semi to help them a bit. Iceland has done the same mistake in the recent past and paid for it every single time and that was also an amazing streak ('15-'18).

Dilja has some charisma and must inject her energy to the viewers to have a fighting chance. 

If it makes it to the Final though, things will get tough, and Bottom-3 seems unavoidable. 

Currently have it on my NQ list even though I would be happy to see it in the Final, but I had the exact same feeling for 'Paper' back in 2017 and that did not happen.


It reminds me of...

Iceland '17, '15


Televoting Potential: 6.5/10

Jury Potential: 5/10

Staging Potential: 6/10

Momentum: 6/10

My Opinion: 7/10

Total: 30.5/50


What the fair winning chance % would be?

0.0001% - 0.001%

Best case scenario:

Qualify to the Final

Worst case scenario:

Bottom-3 in Semi - Final

To Qualify or Not to Qualify? That's the question.

35%-40% chance to qualify


What do I see in my crystal ball?

It will either qualify as 10th or easily be left out finishing 13th-14th. For the moment leaning on the latter outcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment