Tuesday 18 April 2023

Eurovision 2023: The First Impression: Georgia

 

First Thoughts:

There are two certainties about Georgia's entry this year.

The first one is that Iru's vocals are from another planet.

The second one is that Georgia is heading for its first qualification since 2016.


The problem is that 'Echo' gives the impression that was created just to highlight Iru's vocal abilities. It has a strange structure and feels like an attempt to assembly distinctive styles in the same song.

If staged magnificently Georgia has a chance for a left-hand side result. If not 15th-22nd seems its natural habitat.

I do find its qualifying odds very short, but I fail to see how this one could be left out in a very weak Semi as this one.

EuroJury might be an indicator for its fate, but I have to say that I am not overly optimistic.


It reminds me of...

Armenia '17


Televoting Potential: 7.5/10

Jury Potential: 6.5/10

Staging Potential: 8.5/10

Momentum: 7/10

My Opinion: 6/10

Total: 35.5/50


What the fair winning chance % would be?

0.01% - 0.10%

Best case scenario:

Left-hand side result

Worst case scenario:

Bottom-5 in Final

To Qualify or Not to Qualify? That's the question.

60%-70% chance to qualify


What do I see in my crystal ball?

We need to see the staging for this one. Not much of a song there, but some amazing vocals. If there is a proper show, Georgia might have its greatest result for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment