Monday 3 April 2023

Eurovision 2023: The First Impression: Malta

 

First Thoughts:

Eurovision is a contest where everything can happen, but having Malta qualifying to the Final from this Semi-Final would be one of the biggest surprises of all time.

Had they been in Semi-Final 2 they might have had a slim chance but being in the heavy weight one and performing at #2 is game over.


'Dance (our own party)' tries to stand out, borrowing bits and pieces from previous ESC entries but the result is very dubious.

Malta is heavily relying in juries to qualify and with them gone, Malta will fight to avoid the last place. 

The song feels amateurish compared to the competition and not in a positive way. 

I wish there were more to say about Malta, but I fail to picture a positive scenario in my head and my maths calculations where they can qualify...


It reminds me of...

Moldova '10, Lithuania '17


Televoting Potential: 4/10

Jury Potential: 5/10

Staging Potential: 5/10

Momentum: 1/10

My Opinion: 3/10

Total: 18/50


What the fair winning chance % would be?

0.0001% 

Best case scenario:

Avoid Bottom-3 in Semi-Final

Worst case scenario:

Last in Semi-Final

To Qualify or Not to Qualify? That's the question...

Not to Qualify with a 90%+ certainty


What do I see in my crystal ball?

Malta fighting hard with Ireland to avoid the last place in the Semi-Final but fails to do so...

No comments:

Post a Comment