Thursday 20 April 2023

Eurovision 2023: The First Impression: Austria

First Thoughts:

'Who The Hell is Edgar' is a case study of how the early '00s televote magnets would perform under the 50/50 system.

Qualifying to the Final will not be a problem, even though I doubt that they will win the Semi - Final.



The elephant in the room is how Austria will perform with the Juries and in that case, I am not overly optimistic.

Staging is an issue as well and everything points to a low Top-10 with Televoting (6th-12th) and a mid-table Jury result (12th-17th).

If the Televoting score is high enough, they might make it to the Top-10. I currently have them 11th-14th.


It reminds me of...

Denmark '21, Italy '17, Poland '14


Televoting Potential: 8.5/10

Jury Potential: 5/10

Staging Potential: 4/10

Momentum: 6/10

My Opinion: 6.5/10

Total: 30/50


What the fair winning chance % would be?

0.003%.... - 0.3%

Best case scenario:

Top-6/8

Worst case scenario:

Right-hand side result in Final

To Qualify or Not to Qualify? That's the question.

80%+ chance to qualify


What do I see in my crystal ball?

Not sure that Austria will win the Semi - Final, might pay the price for being very vulnerable with the Juries and end up with a bad draw in either half (3rd-8th, 14th-18th). 

The most vulnerable of the entries that are currently in Top-10 in odds to flop. 

Marginally out of Top-10 is my current estimation.

No comments:

Post a Comment