Saturday 22 April 2023

Eurovision 2023: The First Impression: Armenia

 

First Thoughts:

Armenia is the ultimate dark horse of the season.

It is the entry that has impressed me the most for this season, which is the reason why I left it for the end.

'Future Lover' grabs your attention from the first second and adds layer after layer to build up the tension.


Is the entry that has enormous potential if the staging is right, the only one this year that could give us a Jamala tree moment.

Coming from Semi - Final 2 and performing from slot #2 might be the reason Armenia is still flying under the radar.

It is an entry that will come alive on stage and its odds in all markets right now have considerable value.

I consider Armenia a solid Top-10 entry, a solid Top-3 in Semi - Final 2 and an outsider for the Top-4/5.


It reminds me of...

Australia '16, Armenia ' 14, 


Televoting Potential: 8/10

Jury Potential: 8/10

Staging Potential: 9/10

Momentum: 7/10

My Opinion: 9/10

Total: 41/50


What the fair winning chance % would be?

0.5%- 2.5%

Best case scenario:

Top-3

Worst case scenario:

9th-12th

To Qualify or Not to Qualify? That's the question.

100% to qualify, Top-2 in Semi - Final


What do I see in my crystal ball?

Armenia is my personal winner, so a biased alert is here. However I do think it has the potential to be Top-4/5 and if the perfect storm could even go higher. I do have it on my potential/possible/probable winner list...

No comments:

Post a Comment