Monday 15 April 2024

Eurovision 2024: The First Impression: Finland

 

First Thoughts:

'If it aint broke don't fix it' is Finland's moto for Eurovision in the '20s and Windows95man is here to continue Kaarija's legacy!

Juries will hate this one with all their heart and it remains to find out if there is room for one more fun entry to be up there in the Televote Top-10.

The competition is rough and Finland in my eyes could be a decisive factor in crowning the Televote and Eurovision winner depending on the amount of Televote points that will be able to get in the Nordic/Baltic region and the Western Europe. 

I do think it will be somewhere between the 60-100 threshold that will not be enough to secure a Top-10 or even a Top-15 result in the Final.

It could actually do a lot worse if the region gets behind Netherlands or Norway and Finland is left with the crumbs.

I do like Finland on a personal level and I do think that there will a substantial number of viewers that will find this entry funny/hilarious/brilliant and it does have a call for action however I am not sure how many viewers will actually vote this one instead of the stronger packages.

I will not be surprised if this one though finishes in Top-3 in the Semi - Final.


It reminds me of...

 Romania '13(Q) - Austria '03


Televoting Potential: 8.5/10

Jury Potential: 1/10

Staging Potential: 9.5/10

Momentum: 7/10

My Opinion: 7.5/10

Total: 33.5/50


What the fair winning chance % would be?

0.01% - 0.001%

Best case scenario:

Top-10

Worst case scenario:

Bottom-5 in Final

Pre-Contest estimated points:

SF: 100-140

Final: Js: 5-15 - TV: 50 -175 - Total: 55-190


What do I see in my crystal ball?

Finland will sail in the Final and there is a matter of circumstances and luck. It needs a second half draw and to be far away from Netherlands, Croatia to stand a chance to crack Top-10 or could very well struggle if in first half.

I do think it will land somewhere between 16th-20th for the moment.


You can hear some more thoughts about Finland in Episode 2 of 'Talk About Things' 

Apple Podcasts

Spotify

Soundcloud

No comments:

Post a Comment