Monday 13 February 2023

Eurovision 2023: The First Impression: Spain

 

First Thoughts:

Spain has been a tough one to assess. I do like the song. I love how the electro bits cover the flamenco part and together they create a post-modern version of a folklore music style.

Juries and Televoters might love it or might hate it. I would not be surprised if Spain ends up in Top-3 or Bottom-3. 

It will probably be somewhere in the middle or a bit better. I have Spain as a Top-10 candidate for the moment, and I do believe that this one will get hyped when the Eurojury voting starts. Jurors have no reason to punish Spain and I do believe that they will finish high there.

My main concern is the televoters. Eaea is not an easy listening, and the majority of the viewers will hear it just once. Will it be enough to absorb all the different elements and layers that the song has or is it going to be a hit and miss?

Benidorm fest has elevated Spain's status in the contest, and it is a matter of time for Spaniards to celebrate a win.

It reminds me of...

Spain '90, Spain '96


Televoting Potential: 8.5/10

Jury Potential: 9/10

Staging Potential: 9/10

Momentum: 9/10

My Opinion: 9/10

Total: 44.5/50


What the fair winning chance % would be?

1% - 5%

Best case scenario:

Win

Worst case scenario:

Bottom-5


What do I see in my crystal ball?

Solid Top-10 candidate that could aim higher and with the perfect storm could even claim the victory.


No comments:

Post a Comment